Sunday, January 3, 2010

Semi-Clean Eating




So, last night I decided to try a new recipe from the latest issue of Clean Eating magazine (Jan/Feb 2010). On page 69 is the recipe that inspired my dinner, 'Steak & Farfalle Pasta with Creamy Tomato Sauce.'  Yumm-o!! Due to copyright laws, I cannot give you the recipe here but I do urge you to get yourself a copy of the magazine and give this dish a try. If you like Tomato Vodka sauce or even Beef Stroganoff, you will like this recipe.

I confess that I did make some alterations to the printed recipe, but those were due to me not having all of the exact ingredients listed. For example, I didn't have Italian Seasoning, so I substituted a pinch of oregano and crushed red pepper flakes. And I used regular sour cream instead of the low fat sour cream that was called for in the recipe.

All in all it was a really good and easy dish to prepare and I will definitely be making it again in the future. If any of you give this one a try, please let me know how you liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment